Happy Global Interdependence Day
Happy Global Interdependence Day
We can’t get much done by ourselves and so we need to find a way to work together. United we may not succeed (given what humankind has already done to the planet), but divided we will most certainly fail.
In the spirit of the above and building upon something that has served America for nearly 250 years, the time as come for a Global Declaration of Interdependence.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve their special interests which have distanced them from one another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the possibility to communicate, cooperate and collaborate with one another to which the possibility of being human vs. animal enable them, a decent respect for being part of humankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to reach out and depend on one another.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness, but that along with these rights come the responsibilities and necessity to communicate, cooperate, collaborate and compromise such that no human being shall unfairly enjoy these unalienable Rights at the expense of a fellow human being and no special interest shall be able to tyrannize the common good.
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among and between Men, Women and Children of all creeds, cultures, genders and generations, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same special interests, it is all people’s right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new rules, regulations and laws for the future security and well being for the common good that government should serve. Such has been the patient sufferance of the people of the world; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of political decision making including their willingness and capacity to communicate, cooperate, collaborate and compromise and when necessary the actual structure and organization of its government. The history of the present political landscape of the world is a history of repeated attempts by special interests to usurp the focus of energies, monies and activities, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny of the few over the many. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
The current political system has refused its assent to decision making and procedures to serve the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
- It (the current political system) has disabled its political representatives from being able to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till assent from particular special interest groups should be obtained; and when so suspended, it has utterly neglected to attend to them.
- It has made close to impossible the capacity to pass other laws for the accommodation of large districts of people and if and when passed to prevent them from being appealed at the whim of certain special interest groups.
- It has called together legislative bodies to meet, fling diatribes and be dogmatically self-serving in those meetings, for the sole purpose of fatiguing everyone into compliance with its measures.
- It has made the political process unduly complicated, for opposing with manly firmness its domination over the rights of the people of the world it is supposed to represent and serve.
- It has refused to materially change its combative, zero sum, partisan approach to its political process despite promising the people of the world on multiple occasions that it would.
- It has obstructed the administration of rational governing, by obfuscating common sense whenever it might cause a special interest to not be served.
- It has made judges whenever possible dependent on its will, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries creating a veritable “fox in the henhouse” scenario that is ripe for exploitation at the expense of the people of the world.
- It has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to frustrate the people of the world, and eat out their substance by delaying a reasonable and realistic response to the needs of the people of the world.
- It has kept among us, in times of peace, standing committees, political appointees without the understanding of or by the people they serve.
- It has affected to render its political clout materially superior to the real civil power of the people it serves despite offering the illusion that free elections will change current conditions.
- It has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction beyond our comprehension, understanding, and unclarified by our laws; giving its assent to its acts of legislation pretended to be serving the common good of the world’s peoples when it only serves special interests at the expense of that common good.
In every stage of these oppressions the world’s people have asked for redress in the most humble terms: our repeated petitions have been answered only by repeated excuses and obfuscation and seemingly unnecessary bureaucratic delay. A political representative, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define an obstacle maker vs. facilitator, is unfit to be the representative of the people they serve.
Nor have we been wanting in attention to our political representatives. We have warned them repeatedly and even passionately of attempts by their legislature to not serve us as they have promised us they would at the time of their election. We have reminded them of the direness of our circumstances. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of requests for responsiveness to the people they serve. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, enemies in our current national crisis, in better times friends.
We, therefore, the people of the world appealing to each other and to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by the authority of the good people of these countries, solemnly publish and declare, that all peoples, and of right ought to be represented in a materially different manner; that they are absolved from cooperating with the special interested political representatives, and that a new method of representation be formed that supports the rights of the common good over the special interest groups which have tyrannized and rendered powerless serving the people of the world; and that as free yet interdependent people, we have full power to do all acts and things which independent people living interdependently may of right do. And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor to serve the common good of the people of the world and of the planet Earth that we all inhabit.