God-The Only Way to Eternal Life
God-The Only Way to Eternal Life
God, the Only Way to Eternal Life
“I am the way, the truth and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me (John 14:6, NLT).”
As we look closely at our world today, it appears that many are drawing further and further away from God. Although many churches are being erected all around us and there seems to be no shortage of places to “fellowship” on any given Sunday, many people are still dying without God!
Contrary to the fact that we have many churches, denominations, religious organizations, pastors, or as we phrase it “men of God” or “women of God,” we have not been as productive in our evangelistic efforts and/or spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ to others. Sadly, many of us instead of being “salt and light” (Matthew 5:13-16, NKJV) and to be “separate” (II Corinthians 6:17, NKJV) from the world, have adopted the “world’s mentality” (II Peter 2:15, NKJV) (Philippians 3:18, 19, NKJV) (II Corinthians 11:14, NKJV) and ideology of “appearance, works and prosperity focused” (Matthew 23:23-27, KJV). But, despite our philosophy of life, I am so glad to know who the true source is and that is God!
It is not with material things, money, relationships, or any other things this world has to offer. There is no true wholeness or peace outside of God and He is the only way to life eternal! Or as the Bible so eloquently exemplifies, “I come that they might have life and have it more abundantly (John 10:10, NKJV).”
Since it has been made evidently clear where our joy and peace comes from, I would be remiss if I didn’t articulate ways in which we grow in relationship with God and therefore, have the privilege of inheriting eternal life through Him!
- Although it is clear that we “all have sinned” and fallen short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23, NKJV), God offers abundant life to all who desires it (John 10:10, NKJV).
- Secondly, although we are deserving of death and punishment because of our sins, life is offered through Christ (Romans 6:23, John 3:16, John 10:28, I John 5:11).
- Thirdly, even though we as people think that we have willpower and is in control of what we do, it isn’t about “sin management” but about what Jesus does on our behalf to free us from the captivity of sin (Ephesians 2:9, NKJV).”
- Furthermore, it is all about Jesus’ death, burial and resurrection, all for our eternal benefit (Romans 5:8, I Corinthians 15:3-4, John 3:16, NKJV).
- Also, we must recognize that Jesus is the only way to God and that there are no alternatives! (John14:6, I John 5:6-13).
- Moreover, although that is the case, there are some “individual decisions” that we must make (John 1:12, Matthew 19:29, Leviticus 19:2, Isaiah 55:6, Hebrews 12:1-2, Matthew 16:24-26).
- To add, “repentance” is key! (Matthew 3:2, Acts 3:19, Acts 17:30, Revelations 3:19, II Corinthians 7:1).
- Likewise, placing faith in God is integral (Ephesians 2:8, NKJV) and making a lifelong commitment to him (Romans 10:9-10, 13, NKJV).
After you have made the commitment to live a spiritually transformed life, remember that that is just the beginning and that as a Christian and “walking according to the spirit and not according to the flesh,” there are many spiritual disciples that must be evident in your daily life:
- “Love the Lord your God” (Deuteronomy 6:5, KJV).
- “Be Holy” (Leviticus 19:2, NKJV).
- Keep God’s commandments (Exodus 20:1-17, NKJV).
- Obey Him (I Samuel 15:23, NKJV).
- Operate in “Fruits of the Spirit” (Galatians 5:22, 23).
- “New Man Character” (Colossians 3:12-17).
- Love and Forgiveness Evident in Life and in relation to others (Leviticus 19:18, II Corinthians 2:7, Ephesians 4:32, Colossians 3:13, Hebrews 13:1, I John 4:7).
- Study, Obey and Apply Scriptures to Daily Life (II Timothy 2:15, Joshua 1:18, II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:20, NKJV).
In conclusion, you should make it your aim to seek God wholeheartedly (Isaiah 55:6, NKJV) and draw closer to him. “Life isn’t promised” (James 4:14, KJV) and no one knows when God will return (Matthew 24:36, NKJV). So, I implore you to “Be Ready” (Matthew 25:10, NKJV)! Don’t allow the distractions of this world to hinder you from hearing from God and responding to his call, and, as a result, when he returns, you are left behind (Matthew 25:1-13, NKJV) (I Thessalonians 4:13-17, NKJV). “God loves you and I love you, will you come? He is available with his arms stretched wide open ready to receive you home!”
You can also see this article highlighted in Him Power Magazine, link indicated here: pneupathforliving.com